Written by lawyers with many years of transactional and mentoring experience, Conveyancing Practice in Scotland is the only practical guide to managing conveyancing transactions in Scotland
The eighth edition of this highly regarded text has been updated to cover the many changes to property law and conveyancing practice driven by the Scottish Parliament in recent years.
Encompassing both commercial and residential conveyancing, this text covers not just the property law aspects but also the practical and ethical considerations of acting in a conveyancing transaction, such as anti-money laundering procedures and conflicts of interest. Standard missive clauses are examined in detail with reference to their application in practice.
It takes account of the latest developments following the the Land Registration etc. (Scotland) Act 2012 including changes to applications and the effect of the introduction of the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax on the residential property market. In addition the latest edition covers:
· Developments in land reform eg the expanded and new community right to buy schemes
· The introduction of the Register of controlling interests in land
· Developments in energy efficiency of buildings
· Digital conveyancing and developments re digital signatures
· The impact of the Scottish Land Commission
· Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) and Additional Dwelling Supplement (ADS)